Monday, August 30, 2010

ABC News interview from ECSC


Here is a little news interview for the local Virginia Beach Affiliate for ABC. Filming this piece was actually pretty funny in a couple ways. First off the New Anchor himself, Brian set the interview up, filmed me surfing, and delivered the broadcast. Pretty tough work being an anchor nowadays, you have to be able to do it all.ha Secondly, he wanted to film a couple surf clips in some of the hardest conditions I have ever been in. Literally knee high, onshore, and close to 1,000 swimmers in the water up and down the beach. I actually got screamed at by one of the largest Guiddo's I have ever seen in my life. Luckily for him, I was in a good mood, and Brian waved me in, letting me know we had everything he needed. After the shoot I loaded Brian up with a ton of gear from Able Planet, which he was super excited about, Which I am really glad I did because he did an awesome job on the piece and I couldn't think of a better way to thank him. Special thanks to ABC, Able Planet, and my PR manager Mike Z.