Monday, January 11, 2010

CES Show in Vegas


After spending the weekend in Vegas for the CES show I have learned a few things:
1. Vegas is not nearly as clean and nice as the movies lead you to believe.
2. I'm not nearly as smart as I thought I was. (The convention center where the CES show was taking place was the size of a small town, and it was completely filled with little Asian men and women that must have graduated with there masters when they were 11. I literally watched a man complete a scrambled Rubik's cube in less than a minute.)
3. To take part in the "man vs. food" 8 pound burrito eating contest you must have you order placed before 8:00 PM. (My friend Frank from able planet and I showed up 5 minutes late, and they would not put our order in, not even if you just want to eat the burrito and not be in the competition.)
4. Within the next year our minds will be blown by the 3D tv's that will be available for our homes, and the 3D video games are going to be even more insane. 3D TV's without the need for the glasses!!!
Here are a couple shots from Able Planet's booth during the show.....